Tel: 0800 781 9629


Frequently asked questions:


With years of experience we have brought together some of the most commonly ask questions for your convenience.

With our many years of experience we have brought together some of the most commonly ask questions for your convenience.

If you have a question that has not been answered here please contact us and we will be happy to help.

What time should I expect the vehicle on removals day?
Unless you have been told otherwise the vehicle will arrive between 9am and 9.30am. This is largely dependant upon traffic on removals day. In the event that the vehicle is running late you are more than welcome to telephone the head office to check on the status of the vehicle.

How much space should I allocate for parking?
Our vehicle is between 3.5 and 7.5 ton. It is always best to allocate more space than we will need, if you are in a particularly difficult area then consideration for turning into your road or driveway may need to be addressed. This is relevant to both the property you are moving from and the property you are moving into.

How do I arrange this in a permit holder/prohibited area?
It is usually the local authority (council) that deals with this matter. Telephone numbers are different for each area, directory enquiries will be able to assist you with telephone numbers.


Access may be difficult at my new premises, what should I do?
Your quotation is based upon good access at both premises. As soon as you know that access may be difficult at the new premises you must tell us immediately. We will then have the opportunity to visit the premises and assess these ourselves and make adjustments accordingly. If you are moving out of your current area and it would not be practical for us to visit your new premises then find out from your vendor who is moving then out of their property and we can contact them for details of access.


How should I pack pictures and mirrors?
Pictures and mirrors should be bubble packed and inserted into a picture carton. Mirrors with plaster of Paris frames should ideally have a wooden case made to measure in addition to bubble pack. Oil paintings should not be bubble packed directly but covered in an export blanket first then bubble packed and finally placed into a picture carton.


Should I unpack my chest of drawers?
You will need to take out any heavy or breakable items such as magazines or perfumes. Light items such as T-shirts or underwear may be left in the drawers provided the unit is sturdy enough. Self assembly furniture does not respond well to moving so this type of furniture must only be moved while completely empty.


Will you unplumbed my washing machine and dishwasher or disconnect my cooker?
Our members of staff are neither qualified of insured to carry out this activity. If you are not confident with uncoupling any of your white goods it is best to call a plumber to do this. Similarly an electrician is the best person to disconnect your electric cooker.

Should I flat-pack my self assembly furniture?
The official advice on this is yes you should flat pack all self assembly furniture. This can be done by our staff, if however, you decide to have our staff move these items in an erect state you must be aware that we cannot take responsibility for their safe transit. You will also be responsible for the protection of flat packed furniture, ideally with bubble pack, due to the large number of sharp fitting that usually protrude from this type of furniture.

How should I pack my television and hi-fi?
It is always best to move these items in the original packaging. This is usually available from your local electrical dealer for a small charge. If you cannot obtain the original packaging then standard packing materials must be used such as bubble pack, heavy duty cartons and perhaps export blankets for your television.

Do I need to defrost my freezer?
For clients that are moving on multiple days this is compulsory. If your removal is to take place on one day only you may leave your freezer cold but take the frozen goods in ‘cool bags’ yourself. If you decide to leave goods in your freezer our staff cannot be liable for either the frozen goods or indeed the freezer itself. Whilst the freezer may seem a heavy duty piece of equipment they are easily damaged if they are moved whilst full.

How do I pack my clothes?
Clothes from drawers and shelves should be placed either into cartons or utility bags. Hanging garments will be places onto garment carriers on the day of the removal by our staff. (Please ensure that all top buttons are ‘done up’ and hangers all face the same way). If you are flat packing your wardrobes it may be necessary to purchase some temporary wardrobes or wardrobe cartons.

What should I do with my jewellery and valuables?
Under no circumstances should any jewellery, valuables, documents or monies be submitted for removal. Our insurance policy specifically excludes these items and they are safest if transported by you.

What should I do with my gas cylinders or flammable liquids?
Gas cylinders cannot be transported on our vehicles. Flammable liquids, however contained, must not be submitted for removal either. Equipment such as garden mowers and chainsaws should be drained of all liquids beforehand.


What about my pets?
It can be a very distressing and confusing time for pets during your move. For this reason they are best left either with a relative or at a boarding kennel for the duration of your removal. During transit it may be necessary to sedate the animal and your veterinarian will be able to advise you. Pet carriers are available quite cheaply from your local pet supply store.


Does my furniture get placed to my requirements?
It is always best if you have a clear idea of where you want your furniture to be placed. Our staff will endeavour to arrange the rooms to your liking but will not have the time to rearrange your room multiple times.


Will you empty my loft?
Our insurance does not cover our staff for this activity. It is also inherently time consuming and that does not lend itself to a swift, smooth relocation. It is best if you have places all loft items into a spare bedroom or garage before removals day. This also gives you ample opportunity to sort and pack these items.

How much notice do you require?
Our company operates on a first come-first served basis. If you expect to move on a Friday or at the end of a month you will need to offer more notice that for a mid week, mid month relocation. Therefore, directly you are given an idea of dates then telephone for availability and formally book your removal as soon as the date is confirmed.

Will you accept a provisional booking?
No, we can only accept a confirmed booking.

How do I book my relocation?
Once you are given a removal date you must telephone to confirm that we have appropriate resources available to relocate you. We will then expect your acceptance of quotation and a 50% deposit within 2 working days. If your acceptance and deposit are not received within this time then the vehicle will be released and you may not be able to re-book. This applies to fixed quotations and international moves.

When do I pay for my removal?
At the time of booking a 50% deposit will be requested for all fixed quote and international moves. The balance will be expected in cleared funds at the latest on the day prior to your relocation. In the event that the funds are not available your removal may not take place and any deposit may not be refunded. For moves cheque and bank transfer payment must be received at least 1 week prior to move date. For Man & Van Service based on hourly rate payment must be made on completion by cash. Any other payment must be authorised from the office.

Can I take my pot plants?
Yes, you can. Provided that all items that you want to be moved have been shown to your relocation consultant, you can take any garden plants that you require. You must ensure that the pots are cleaned prior to the relocation and that ‘prickly’ plants are pruned and/or tied up to prevent injury. Also earthenware pots are prone to cracking after they have been exposed to frost and we can take no responsibility for their safe transit.

What does a full household pack consist of?
If you purchase a full household pack then as the name suggests we will pack everything that requires packing. The only area you will have to accommodate yourself is perishable food and opened packets/jars/tins/bottles and to remove any fixtures and fitting that you wish to take with you. There is no need to purchase china and glass pack in addition. This includes the dismantling or reassembly of furniture.

What does a china and glass pack consist of?
This service is aimed at clients who wish to have their breakables professionally packed for safe transit. Any items that would smash if dropped such as ornaments, plates, cups saucers, pictures and mirrors are accommodated by this service.

How will you move my computer?
In the absence of original packaging a specialist computer crate and anti-static bubble pack would be used. You will, however, be expected to decommission the computer ahead of time and ensure the ‘bundling’ of all leads and connectors.



|Home Removals |  Business Removals |  Packing Service |  Distribution |  Storage | Man & Van |

 | Container Shipping |  Moving Tips |  Quotation Form |  Link |  FAQ |  Contact Us | terms & Conditions |





 This Month's Offer